The Directorate Central Administration is mandated to provide various administrative support services to the rest of the Ministry of Justice and Office of the Attorney General in terms of its strategic objective: “To ensure an enabling environment and high performance culture”.
The scope of the Directorate Central Administration which spans across four divisions inter alia includes the following:
- manage and administer human capital, policies and procedures;
- facilitate training and development interventions;
- facilitate budgeting and resource management;
- administer financial transactions;
- render fleet management services;
- manage and enhance fixed assets;
- facilitate strategic planning and management interventions, and
- Provide access to information technology.
This directorate consists of the following divisions and subdivisions, namely:
- Division General and Auxiliary Services
- Subdivision Auxiliary Services
- Subdivision Human Resource Management
- Subdivision Human Resource Development
- Subdivision Ministerial Support Service
- Division Finance and Budgeting
- Division Information Technology
- Division Development Plans and Fixed Asset Management
- Subdivision Maintenance-with Sections: ( Windhoek, Rundu, Oshakati, Keetmanshoop and Swakopmund)
The main activities of Directorate Central Administration
encompass managerial oversight, strategic leadership and corporate services to ensure other directorates are able to deliver their services and to integrate the functioning of the ministry as a whole. Such services are aimed at providing administrative support services to ministerial programs, ensure proper financial management, and facilitate equitable distribution and effective utilization of resources as well as capacity building.
The Directorate also coordinates the implementation of the ministerial strategic plan and key strategic initiatives identified to be undertaken to achieve strategic objectives.