24 April 2019
The National Symbols of the Republic of Namibia Act, 2018 (Act No.17 of 2018) came into force on 28 December 2018. Section 6 of the Act regulates the use and display of National Symbols and states that a person may not, without the prior written approval by His Excellency, the President, use or display the National Flag or the National Coat of Arms or any depiction so closely resembling a National Symbol, in a manner likely to cause confusion and mislead someone to attribute any trade, business, profession or occupation or any mark or description to the Namibian Government or State.
If you are using the National Symbols or portions thereof, kindly apply to the Ministry in writing via email (email@example.com), including the logo as an image or call us at 061-280 5129, before 31 May 2019 to be part of the section 6 process. As the administering Ministry, the Ministry of Justice will facilitate the application process. This Act is available on our website, www.moj.gov.na or at our Gazette office 061 280 5227
Monday, 20 May 2019
Honorable Minister of Justice attended the annual St. Petersburg International Legal Forum (SPBILF), organized under the auspices of the President of the Russian Federation and the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation. This foremost international platform for discussing broad range of urgent questions confronting the contemporary international community of legal professionals. This year’s forum was Themed “The Art of Law” and considered questions relating to legislating cultural heritage in a digital age, addressing fake news, transforming the law with the technology and of course the plenary session.
Tuesday, 14 May 2019
Thursday, 09 May 2019
Hon. Minister met with the Traditional Authority representing all the Community Courts in the Erongo Region. The meeting deliberated on matters concerning the operations of the community court as well as the envisaged amendment to the Traditional Authority Act.
Thursday, 28 March 2019
Monday, March 25, 2019 Press Release
Ministry of Justice & Office of the Attorney General launched their Strategic Plan & Customer Service Charters. The two documents are a guide to achieving key performance measures in the Ministry of Justice & Office of the Attorney General.
Monday, March 11, 2019 Press Release
06 March 2019
27 February 2019 Press Release
18 February 2019
The Minister of Justice and the Russian Ambassador exchanged signed copies of the Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters and Cooperation Agreement between the Ministries of Justice of Namibia and the Russian Federation. We will further be signing the Extradition Agreement with the Russian Federation in Moscow in May 2019.
06 December 2018 Press Release
27 September 2018 Press Release
- Ministry of Justice sends a message of condolence to the family of the late Chryl Ujaha
- Hon. Minister Sackeus Shanghala, Minister of Justice, officially welcomed and introduced the new members of the Magistrate Commission.
- Charges for the issuance of apostilles by the ministry of justice
- Honourable Sackeus Shanghala, Minister Of Justice Attends The Sadc Meeting Of The Ministers Of Justice/ Attorneys-General
- Ministry of Justice, City of Windhoek and Office of the Judiciary have signed a Memorandum of Understanding
- The Hoachanas Community to have its own Periodical Court.
- 27th session of the Commission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice (CCPCJ)
- Legislative Drafters & Gazette Officials in the Ministry are currently receiving a one day training in Proofreading of Legal Texts & Documents.
- Namibia & Angola to sign Memorandum of Agreement
- Minister of Justice visits Botswana, In the picture from left is Advocate Abraham Keetshabe, Attorney-General of the Republic of Botswana and Honourable Sackeus Shanghala, Minister of Justice of the Republic of Namibia.